We arrived at this hotel at 11am and wasn’t checked in until about 3/4pm. This was due to the fact that they were short staffed and only had 2 people on the reception desk, when there was about 60+ people waiting to check in. Not to mention that this was being done manually and without the use of any form of technology!
We’d finally got our room after such a long wait, awesome, we thought!
My Mr at the time put the key through the door, and as we entered the room he rushed to the balcony in excitement for the pretty view that we’d finally be seeing. Below was the view.
As you can imagine, we were both furious. We took our luggage, rushed down to reception and explained our issues, as well as expressed are refusal to stay in that room.
“We’re too busy right now, and you should come back tomorrow if you want it changed!” WHHHAAAAATTTTT!???? Keep in mind we had booked this hotel 3-4 months before flying out and this was all they could say? Anyways, after hunting down the manager, we were then placed on the 8th floor with lifts that worked once in a blue moon.
- The pictures we saw before booking this hotel were heavily edited and in reality the rooms are exceptionally dull, with a 1950’s TV in the corner of it (which barely works).
- We were given separate beds, and an additional bunk bed (so clearly we had not been given the room which we had paid for months ago!)
- Cleaners did not clean our rooms unless we physically chased them down, and even then they didn’t clean it properly or change our bed sheets.
- The food wasn’t great.
- Reception staff was rude & had no clue as to what they were doing.
- They also do things the “old skool” way, meaning that they manually write down everything instead of using PCs/Laptops. This meant that there were always long slow moving queues.
IN MY OPINION THIS HOTEL DOES NOT COME ANYWHERE CLOSE TO BEING A 3 STAR HOTEL!!! I WOULD NOT COME BACK TO THIS HOTEL EVEN IF I WAS PAID!